Use this form if you need help resolving a problem with a utility or have a question about your bill, rates and charges, disconnection of service, outages, or other issues that are not related to a utility case.

You may also contact our office at (208) 334-0369 or 1-800-432-0369

Use the Case Comment or Question Form to file a comment or ask a question about a utility case pending before the Commission.

If you want to know more about the Commission's regulatory authority, click here.

Please provide the following information:

All fields are required for submission.

First Name:
Last Name:
Daytime Phone:
Name of Utility Company:
Have you contacted the utility regarding your concern:
Ask your question or state your complaint:
If this complaint concerns your business, please include business information in the box above.

Please Email, mail or fax copies of any documents, such as bills, that our office will need to provide a response. We will be able to respond more quickly to billing issues if you provide us with a copy of your bill.

Consumer Assistance Idaho Public Utilities Commission
P O Box 83720
Boise, Idaho 83720-0074
FAX: (208) 334-4045

What does the Commission regulate?

The Commission regulates investor-owned or privately-owned utilities that provide gas, water, electricity or some telephone services for profit. Examples are: Idaho Power, Intermountain Gas and United Water Idaho. The Commission no longer reviews or approves rates for most telephone service providers. It does, however, regulate landline providers for service quality, billing, and customer relations. The Commission is responsible for safe operations of the utilities it regulates including inspection of gas pipelines.

The Commission also oversees the safe operation of railroads and enforces state and federal regulations safeguarding the transportation of hazardous materials by rail. It also inspects railroad crossings for safety and maintenance. The Commission reviews railroad abandonment proposals.

The Commission does NOT regulate utility cooperatives (owned by the customers) or utilities operated by cities. The Commission has no jurisdiction over sewer operations, cable or satellite television, Internet service providers or cellular telephone companies.